Community Health Promotion & Education
At Four Corners Health Centre there are Health Promoters and a Community Health Educator who provide support with population health programs and services. On a rotating basis the centre offers programs including:
- Chronic Disease Self-Management Program – this program provides people living with chronic illness with tools to better self manage their symptoms and health condition
- Exercise and Wellness Programs – these program help with maintaining overall wellness and the promotion of a healthy lifestyle
- Youth Drop-in – program for youth in the community who are looking for additional supports with mental health, healthy sexuality, youth empowerment and and civic engagement
- Health Promotion Presentations – health promoters and community health educators are in the community facilitating presentations on health promotion topics that concern the well-being of the community
- Involvement in Community Development and Initiatives – local community organizations, residents and grassroots collaboratives invite Four Corners provide support and expertise to assist with identified community issues
For new program information please make sure to visit the health centre or subscribe to the Facebook and Twitter feed. Also, to learn more about how Four Corners is involved in the community or to talk about a community health related issue of concern contact 905.677.9599 and ask for the community health team.